REL 200 | Christian Leadership Center
Fall 2016 Syllabus Theme: Christian Formation
The Story of God: The Story of Us, Sean Gladding
Harper Collins Study Bible or The New Oxford Annotated Bible
- To develop and articulate an understanding of self, core values, and beliefs
- To explore theological concepts and gain an appreciation for diverse theological perspectives
- To develop practical skills for incorporating leadership into areas of interest and service
- To articulate an understanding of one’s life’s vocation within the context of one’s faith
- Complete reading assignments and participate in class discussions.
- Complete all credo exploration assignments on time.
- Complete required quizzes and semester project on time.
- Complete all internship requirements including adequate hours of participation and all paperwork by the assigned deadlines.
- Attend all required retreats, seminars and events
EVALUATION METHOD & POINTS:
Colloquium 150 points
Attendance 50 points (only 2 unexcused absences)
Participation 50 points
Quizzes 50 points
Temenos Attendance 150 points (only 2 unexcused absences)
Semester Internship Evaluation and Time log 150 points
Credo Exploration completion 100 points
Final 50 points
Total points 600 points
One point will be deducted for each day that an assignment is late.
Receiving 0 points in any one area will result in a failing grade for the semester.
Grade scale 90– 100 A
80 – 89 B
70 - 79 C
60 - 69 D
below 59 F
As a student at Centenary, you are bound by the honor code. Even for CLC: handwrite, sign and date the honor code on every assignment you submit in hard copy; type out the honor code in the email to which you attach assignments submitted electronically.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.